My husband and I are both business owners so, naturally, our lives are pretty much centered around work. Not in a bad way- we both just love what we do so much that when we’re not actually working, we’re talking about work. As usual, I came home from a Nicki and John’s maternity session talking (bragging) about what an amazing couple they were and how much fun we had. When I showed him a few of their photos he realized that he actually knew them- the world is so small!
Nicki and John were so sweet and easy going at their session. Nicki wore (rocked) several of my maternity dresses and looked completely stunning in each one. John was an amazing dress-throwing assistant to the point where I may need to hire him in the future! Aside from their sweet interactions with each other, there were two big things that made me realize that they were an extra special couple:
1. They brought a special photo in remembrance of their family dog. I am always so drawn to people who treat their animals like children. Most of my clients have seen photos of my puppy Cooper. He is SO spoiled so if you are a fellow dog parent, you’re good in my book.
2. If you are a female and have done any type of session with me, you know that I am a hair dresser 60% of your session and a photographer during the other 40% of the session. I shouted to Nicki from about 10 feet away, “Just tuck your hair behind your ear a bit.” And with no prompting at all, John reached up and gently tucked her hair behind her ear. My heart just melted away.
Congratulations, Nicki and John! It was such a pleasure working with both of you! I can’t wait to meet your sweet baby Lucy Ariel in a few short weeks!