Just a quick, fun little blog post for you this evening. As you know, I see tons and tons of mamas in my studio. I absolutely LOVE seeing all of the little gadgets and gizmos they bring in for their sweet newborn babies since I am always looking for convenient, new necessities for me to use in my studio/recommend to my mommas. So without further adieu… here are some must have items for new mommies and daddies:
1. If you’ve had a newborn session with me… you know that this item is my absolute (without a doubt) favorite newborn necessity. If you have yet to buy a baby shusher- what on earth are you waiting for?!?! I’ve used a ton of different noise makers… fan apps, heartbeats, waves, music… you name it.. if it makes a sound then I’ve used it during a newborn session. The baby shusher is the most effective noise maker that I’ve found as it works best for my newborns overall. I am going to start carrying this product in my studio very soon because nine times out of ten, parents order this amazing thing on amazon before leaving my studio. You can purchase your own baby shusher HERE
2. Sick of carrying an entire jar of powdered formula? This powder dispenser is amazing and allows you to pre-measure the servings! Super convenient. Why didn’t I think of this?! & it is only $6 on Amazon!
3. I absolutely LOVE everything from The Honest Company. Their Organic Nipple Cream seems to be the most widely used amongst the mamas that I work with and they cannot say enough positive things about it. The best part is that it is USDA Organic and you only need to use a teeny tiny bit so it doesn’t break the bank.
4. I LOVE Gripe Water! Before I rant and rave, this is a product that you should absolutely check with your pediatrician about before using. I’m certainly not a doctor, so I am solely speaking from experience and basing my opinions on what has worked for me in my studio with my mommas and their little babies. It is super tough when little ones are gassy and uncomfortable more often than not. Gripe Water is a great supplement for tummy aches, general discomfort and even hiccups! I especially love Wellements Baby because this product is USDA Certified Organic, free of chemical preservatives, free of gluten, dairy, soy, alcohol and artificial ingredients and it is pediatrician recommended! This stuff is magic! I’ve seen it with my own eyes.
5. Last but not least… my last favorite is a special treat for mom… and dad! I’ve heard a lot of my prenatal and post partum mamas say, “Don’t mind my ugly bra” or “UGH the only underwear that fit are granny panties!” You! Lingerie is an incredible company that manufactures stunning nursing bras that literally look like they came off of the shelves at Victoria’s Secret. They come in super sexy colors and styles but the best part is… they’re super comfortable and convenient for nursing your little one. Even if you’re not nursing, they are great while you’re still early in your postpartum recovery. New mommies deserve to feel beautiful!